Said Benrahma’s £25m West Ham move ‘on the brink of collapse… with the Hammers instead focusing on signing Josh King from Bournemouth’
- West Ham United are looking to bolster their attacking options this week
- Brentford winger Said Benrahma is an option – but reports claim the deal is off
- The Hammers has reportedly agreed a £17m +£8m in add-ons deal for the winger
- David Moyes is looking to prioritise the signing of number one target Josh King
Said Benrahma’s move from Brentford to West Ham is set to collapse, according to reports.
The Algerian winger was one of the top players in the Championship last season and led the Bees to the Championship play-off final, where they lost off to Fulham.
Benrahma has been looking for a top-flight move this year and reports claimed that West Ham had agreed a £17million plus £8million in add-ons with the Championship days last week.
West Ham are set to miss out on Brentford winger Said Benrahma, according to reports
The Hammers are looking to prioritise the purchase of Bournemouth striker Josh King (above)
But according to The Mirror, the Hammers are set to miss out on Benrahma and will instead move for Bournemouth striker Josh King, who remains the Premier League side’s number one transfer target.
The report says Benrahma met with Brentford’s Director of Football Phil Giles last week over unbroken promises made to the winger following the end of last season.
The 25-year-old netted 17 goals and registered ten assists last season and was part of the thrilling ‘BMW’ front line for Brentford alongside Bryan Mbuemo and Ollie Watkins.
David Moyes is looking to bolster his attacking options ahead of a positive start to the season
Benrahma (left) scored twice in Brentford’s 3-0 Carabao Cup win against Fulham this month
Benrahma has barely featured for the Bees since the 2-0 defeat to Fulham at Wembley in August due to transfer speculation, though has made two substitute appearances for the west London side against Millwall and Preston North End this term.
The Algerian also showed the damage he could do to Premier League defences by scoring twice in Brentford’s 3-0 west London derby win over Fulham in the Carabao Cup a fortnight ago, which remains his only start of the season so far.
Brentford have already lost striker Watkins to Premier League side Aston Villa in a £33million deal, with the young Englishman scoring a first-half hat-trick against Premier League champions Liverpool earlier this month.
The 25-year-old scored 17 times for the Bees as they finished third in the second tier last term
Meanwhile, Norwegian striker King – who was relegated from the top-flight with the Cherries last term – is available for around £18million despite having less than a year left on his current contract.
Despite the summer transfer window closing last week, top-flight sides are allowed to buy domestic players from EFL clubs until Friday October 16.