Shocking moment two suspects wheel a dead body wrapped in a carpet on a Target shopping cart before dumping the gunshot victim outside a Harlem Starbucks
- Two men were filmed wheeling a body through streets of Harlem early Thursday morning
- The men, both wearing hats, used a Target shopping cart to transport the body, which was wrapped in a red carpet
- Surveillance footage time stamp shows them moving the body just after 2:30am on Thursday
- The video shows a passerby on a bicycle riding by, but does not stop
- A passerby heading to a local gym found the body at 5:30am near a Starbucks on the corner of West 145th Street and Bradhurst Avenue
- Autopsy indicates that the victim suffered from a gunshot wound, though he has not been identified and no arrests have been made
Surveillance footage from before dawn on Thursday shows two men using a red Target shopping cart to roll a red carpet wrapped around the body of a man who New York police say was fatally shot.
The two men were transporting the body down the sidewalk toward West 145th Street and Bradhurst Avenue in the Harlem section of Manhattan just after 2:30am on Thursday.
One man is seen pushing the cart while the other is walking backward as he appeared to grab one end of the body.
Two men were filmed on surveillance video before dawn on Thursday wheeling a dead body through the streets of the Harlem section of Manhattan
The two men used a Target shopping cart to transport the body, which appeared wrapped in a red carpet
One man is seen (bottom) pushing the cart from behind while the other is seen walking backward while grabbing the other end of the wrapped corpse
Police said on Friday that the victim suffered a fatal gunshot wound, though no arrests have been made
At one point, the surveillance footage shows a passerby on a bicycle riding a few feet away past the two men.
The bicyclist does not stop.
A few hours later, another passerby on foot was on his way to a local gym when he noticed two feet with socks protruding from the red carpet near a local Starbucks.
‘I saw two feet — what appeared to be feet, they had socks on them — hanging out of a trash bag,’ Israel Savage, 39, told the New York Daily News on Friday.
At one point, a passerby on a bicycle rides by the two men as they wheeled the body in public
But the cyclist doesn’t stop and the two men carry on
‘There were multiple trash bags around this package, some cardboard and a carpet. And it was all taped.
‘It was heavy, so that made me suspicious that maybe it’s not a mannequin.’
Police said that the coroner determined that the man suffered at least one gunshot wound to the upper body.
The image above shows the red Target shopping cart used to transport the body
The body was found at around 5:30am outside a Starbucks on the corner of West 145th Street and Bradhurst Avenue in Harlem
Cops discovered the body at 5:30am.
The victim has yet to be identified and no arrests have been made as of Friday morning.
Any with information that may help the investigation can call Crime Stoppers anonymously at (800) 577-TIPS.