Switzerland 1-1 Spain: Substitute Gerard Moreno scores late to salvage a point for Luis Enrique’s in Nations League match after Sergio Ramos misssed TWO second-half penalties
- Remo Freuler handed Switzerland the lead after good work by Breel Embolo
- Sergio Ramos had a penalty saved in the second-half after a handball decision
- Spain got a second penalty as Nico Elvedi was sent off for fouling Alvaro Morata
- But Ramos’ second attempt from the spot was just as bad with a tame effort
- Spain made advantage of the extra man though as Gerard Moreno scored late
Sergio Ramos missed two penalties as Spain salvaged a draw against Switzerland thanks to a late goal from Gerard Moreno.
Switzerland took the lead after Breel Embolo found space down the wing and pulled back for Remo Freuler to tuck away.
Sergio Ramos had an attempt to level from the penalty spot but his effort was well saved by goalkeeper by Yann Sommer.
Spain had a second chance from the spot when Nico Elvedi was sent off for fouling Alvaro Morata, but it was a tame effort from Ramos who missed for the second time.
But Moreno came to the rescue for Spain as he scored an equaliser just before 90 minutes.
More to follow…
Remo Freuler celebrates after scoring the goal which handed Switzerland a first-half lead
It was not Sergio Ramos’ day as he missed twice from the penalty spot in the second-half
It was a disappointing defeat for Spain who fall to second in their Nations League group
Switzerland thought they were on to take a shock victory before Gerard Moreno’s late goal