Teenager, 18, dies after being stabbed to death in south London 

Hunt for moped rider after teenager, 18, is stabbed and left to die in the street as London’s year of violence claims its 90th murder victim

  • Teenager was passenger on moped shortly before he collapsed in London street
  • Members of the public tried to keep him alive but he died in hospital hours later
  • It is thought to be the capital’s 90th killing as knife crimes around the UK soar
  • Police are now searching for the moped rider who left the victim for dead 

London’s year of violence has claimed its 90th victim after an 18-year-old was stabbed to death in Camberwell.

The teenager was found with severe stab wounds in Denmark Road in the south of the capital shortly before 7pm yesterday evening.

The teen had been a passenger on a moped shortly before he collapsed but the scooter’s rider drove off, leaving the 18-year-old dying in the street.

It is thought to be the 90th killing in London this year, with recent crime stats showing the number of homicides is at its highest level since 2008.

An 18-year-old boy became the latest victim of London’s knife violence following an attack in this street in Camberwell in the south of the capital last night

Members of the public battled to keep the 18-year-old alive while awaiting an ambulance, but he died in the early hours of this morning in hospital.

Detective Chief Inspector Simon Harding said: ‘This is a tragic incident which has resulted in yet another young person being fatally stabbed in London. 

‘We are appealing for anyone with information to come forward, we need to trace the moped and also the person who brought the victim to the scene, it’s important we establish where the victim initially received his injuries. 

‘Anyone who saw the moped make off from the scene we equally need to hear from them.’

The Met Police said: ‘Formal identification awaits. His next of kin have been informed. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.

‘The Homicide and Major Crime Command has been notified. There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.’



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk