This season’s evening glamour is more about subtle elegance than gaudy glitter. Make-up artist FLORRIE WHITE creates five modern looks using the Dior Holiday Collection
THE LAVISH LIP Set off a bold berry mouth with pared-down eyes and gold-dusted brows
- Apply DIORIFIC KHOL powder lipstick in BOLD AMETHYST (£29.50) over the lips.
- Use LIP BRUSH NO 31 (£21.50) to create a precise shape.
- Add ROUGE DIOR LIQUID lip stain in POISON METAL (£26.50) to the centre of the lips to create the illusion of volume.
- Use your middle finger to blend DIORIFIC MATTE FLUID cheek colour in CHARM (£27.50) on to the centre of your cheeks.
- Sweep DIORSHOW BOLD BROW mascara in GOLD (£22) through your brows.
- Match your nails to your lips with DIORIFIC VERNIS in GRENAT (£20.50)
BEE RING, £220, and HEART RING, £240, both Dior
THE LUSTROUS LID Update the smoky eye with shimmering shades of pink, enhanced by barely there lips
- Conceal under-eye shadows with DIORSKIN FOREVER UNDERCOVER concealer in APRICOT BEIGE (£21).
- Sweep the pale pink shade from the 5 COULEURS PRECIOUS ROCKS eyeshadow palette in RUBY (£43.50) over the eyelid. Add the golden shade to the inner corners of the eye, then run the bronze shadow along the upper and lower lash lines. Add drama by blending the dark pink shade into the outer corners.
- Fill in brows with DIORSHOW BROW STYLER in UNIVERSAL BROWN (£20).
- Perfect the lips with DIORIFIC KHOL powder lipstick in PURE TOPAZ (£29.50)
For an exclusive get-the-look video go to Instagram @YOUmagsocial
THE PLUSH POUT Make red lips modern with an orange-toned shade, complemented by nude-look skin
- Sweep DIORSKIN NUDE AIR TAN powder in CINNAMON (£36.50) over the hollows of cheeks and temples to sculpt.
- Dust DIORIFIC PRECIOUS ROCKS GOLDEN GLOW LOOSE POWDER (£40) on to the cheekbones and Cupid’s bow to highlight.
- Line the lips with DIOR CONTOUR lipliner in ROUGE DIOR (£20).
- Fill them in with DIORIFIC KHOL powder lipstick in INTENSE GARNET (£29.50).
- Run DIORSHOW PRO LINER WATERPROOF in PRO GREGE (£20.50) along the top and bottom lash line
THE GLOW-GETTER Team an intense, in-from-the-cold flush with glossy eyelids
- Where needed, apply DIORSKIN FOREVER foundation (£35) in a shade that suits you and blend.
- Circle plenty of DIORBLUSH PRECIOUS ROCKS (£32.50) on to the centre of cheeks, forehead and chin.
- Layer three coats of DIORSHOW MASCARA (£25.50) in a shade that suits you on to top and bottom lashes.
- Balm the lips, then fill in with DIOR CONTOUR lipliner in NEW WORLD MATTE (£20).
- Pat DIORSHOW FUSION MONO eyeshadow in EXCLUSIVITY (£25.50) on the eyelids, then top with clear balm.
THE HOT TIP Try a sophisticated take on nail art by dotting gold over a deep plum shade
- Moisturise hands using DIOR CAPTURE TOTALE NURTURING HAND REPAIR CREAM (£47).
- Sweep DIORIFIC PRECIOUS ROCKS GOLDEN GLOW LOOSE POWDER (£40) along arms, hands and collarbone.
- Paint nails with DIORIFIC VERNIS in AMETHYST (£20.50) and dot on DIORIFIC VERNIS NAIL LINER in PRECIOUS ROCKS (£20.50) over the top, near the cuticle.
RINGS, from left: SUN, £50, Rachel Jackson, racheljacksonlondon.com. single STONE, £123, Cornelia Webb, corneliawebb.com. DOUBLE STONE, £55, Lola Rose, lolarose.co.uk
Jewellery styling Joanne Toolan
Make-up Florrie White at Bryant Artists using the Dior Christmas 2017 Limited Edition Precious Rocks Collection and Dreamskin Advanced skincare and Cherrie Snow using Diorific Vernis Christmas 2017 Limited Edition and Capture Totale Nurturing Hand Repair Cream
Hair Takuya Morimoto
Model Florence Eugene at Established
Producer Lucy Coghlan
Sponsored by DIOR, dior.com
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.