News, Culture & Society

The Queen and Prince Philip will spend time privately at Sandringham when they leave Balmoral

The Queen and Prince Philip will cut their Scottish summer holiday short and leave Balmoral next week to spend time ‘privately’ at Sandringham, Buckingham Palace announces

  • Queen, 94, and the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, will leave Balmoral for Sandringham
  • Couple arrived at Scottish estate in August and have enjoyed visits from family 
  • Queen and Prince Philip have been in isolation since the start of lockdown 

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will cut short their Scottish summer holiday and leave for Sandringham next week, it has been announced. 

The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, typically remain at Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire, until early October but will now depart next week, Buckingham Palace said in a statement today.

It was thought the couple would spend several more weeks in Scotland before returning to Windsor, where they had been isolating prior to their summer holiday. 

However the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will now spend at least two weeks ‘privately’ at Sandringham. The Queen then plans to travel to Windsor in early October. 

The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, arrived at Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire, at the start of August and have enjoyed visits from family in the weeks since. They will now travel to Sandringham when they leave Balmoral next week, it has been announced

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrived at Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire, at the start of August and have enjoyed visits from family in the weeks since. Stock image

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrived at Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire, at the start of August and have enjoyed visits from family in the weeks since. Stock image

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: ‘The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will depart Balmoral Castle during the week commencing September 14 to spend time privately on the Sandringham Estate.

‘Subject to the finalisation of the autumn programme, Her Majesty’s intention is to return to Windsor Castle in October and to resume the use of Buckingham Palace for selected Audiences and engagements. 

‘These plans will be kept under review and will of course be subject to all relevant guidance and advice.’

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrived at Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire, at the start of August and have enjoyed visits from family in the weeks since. 

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have spent time on the estate, as have Princess Anne and Prince Andrew.  

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.