Man, 23, is charged after shoving a woman headfirst into a subway train in Brooklyn – as cops reveal suspect has 18 previous arrests
- Police have arrested Isaiah Thompson, 23, for viciously pushing a woman into train in Brooklyn
- Thompson, who lives in Brooklyn, has at least 18 arrests for subway crimes
- He was charged with second-degree assault and reckless endangerment
- Thompson also faces counts of menacing and criminal trespass of a railroad
- Earlier this year, Thompson pulled an emergency brake on a subway train leading to hundreds of delays
- Wednesday’s unprovoked attack on the woman occurred on the platform at the Dekalb Avenue subway station in Brooklyn before 7:30pm
- Footage filmed by a witness showed an unidentified man shoving the woman in the back, causing her to crash headfirst into the idle train
Police have a man in custody for the brutal subway attack, slamming a woman headfirst into a subway train in Brooklyn.
Isaiah Thompson, 23, was placed in cuffs by detectives Thursday afternoon.
An NYPD spokesperson confirms to DailyMail.com that he faces a series of charges in connection with Wednesday’s incident on the DeKalb Avenue platform in Fort Greene.
Thompson, who lives in Brooklyn, was booked on 2nd degree assault, reckless endangerment, menacing and criminal trespass of a railroad.
Thompson is, apparently, no stranger to the NYPD.
Isaiah Thompson at an arraignment in Manhattan Criminal Court on May 24, 2019. Thompson, who is accused of numerous subway break pullings, was arrested Thursday for shoving a woman into a Brooklyn subway
Isaiah Thompson, 23, has a long rap of subway crimes. Now, police have arrested him for at least the 19th time Thursday for ramming a woman into a train
He has pulled an emergency brake earlier this year causing delays for hundreds of straphangers.
Thompson had been arrested at least 18 times for subway crimes.
Among the arrests, he was seen ‘subway surfing’–riding on the outside of a train– on the northbound 5 line at Union Square, the NYPD said.
After fleeing in a tunnel, Thompson surrendered a short time later.
This week’s video circulated by a witness of a man jumping up and down on the platform, shouting ‘what!’ several times before he lunged at the woman.
A man jumps up and down on the platform of a Brooklyn subway station last night, alarming commuters. Police say that suspect is Isaiah Thompson, 23, who faces charges that include assault and reckless endangerment
He then approaches the woman from behind on the platform and shoves her with both hands
The end result of Wednesday’s attack– the woman was thrown into the train and landed on the platform. The suspect, Isaiah Thompson, was taken into custody Thursday
He approached the woman from behind on the platform, shoving her in the back with both hands.
She is seen tumbling forward and falling face-first into the side of the awaiting train.
It is believed the man had a previous dispute with a commuter just moments before the attack.
The Fire Department said they received a call for an ‘EDP,’ an emotionally disturbed person, but no one was found.