The decision of your cosmetic surgeon will be one you live with for a long time. If not for eternity. Successful plastic surgery will make you feel a lot more like yourself. And give the confidence for years to come.
On the flip side, ending up in the hands of fake plastic surgeons will increase your chances of getting absurd results, which can lead to additional time, heartache and costs.
In this article, we discuss some of the tips that will help you find the ideal plastic surgeon:
Ensure that the surgeon is board certified
Numerous people think that they can rely on state medical boards to ensure their plastic surgeon is qualified. The truth is, the government does not insist on the specific training of the surgeon in the procedures they perform.
That case is most serious in the field of plastic surgery, as numerous doctors with general medical and surgical training hop on the plastic surgery bandwagon to make more profits. To know if your surgeon is dependable and experienced in plastic surgery, you need to confirm with the board.
One of the most reliable ones is the ABCS. Its primary focus is ensuring that cosmetic surgeons have the required training, skill, experience, knowledge, certifications, and training to carry out plastic surgery.
Confirm the experience of the surgeon in the procedure you want
Each area of plastic surgery calls for different skills and expertise. You can imagine how sculpting the body is different from operating a nose with bone. Given this, cosmetic surgeons should have subspecialties within the field.
Consider a surgeon who is board-certified and has substantial experience in carrying out plastic surgery. Some of the questions you can ask a surgeon include:
- Their training in the procedure you are considering.
- The number of years they have performed the procedure
- The number of times they have successfully carried out the procedure
- The number of times they have unsuccessfully carried out the procedure
Consider a surgeon whose aesthetic sense is satisfactory for you
What someone may find beautiful may be unappealing to the other. You cannot just depend on the plastic surgeon’s experience or recommendations. There is a need to evaluate the outcome for every surgeon you come across.
How to evaluate a plastic surgeon’s aesthetic sense
- Find prior and after photos. If they appeal to you, you may consider a plastic surgery procedure from them.
- Pay attention to clients with similar qualities and features as you, for instance, your facial or body structure.
- Ensure that the plastic surgeon’s results are consistent for all the patients who underwent the procedure you intend to undertake.
Pay attention to customer service and how everyone at the facility treats you
Plastic surgery is significant, and there can be curves in your quest for your new look. For this reason, you need to feel at ease with the support team and the plastic surgeon. Go for the surgeon whom you trust with your results and safety.
Some of the questions you can ask yourself include:
- Do I feel safe with the surgeon and the facility?
- Do I feel comfortable disclosing my medical history with the surgeon?
- Would I feel okay asking anything to the plastic surgeon?
- All the best as you choose the ideal surgeon and facility for your plastic surgery!