News, Culture & Society

Toddler swallows her mother’s DIAMOND RING as X-ray shows the wedding band lodged in her throat 

  • A Chinese mother gave her daughter her diamond ring before she took a nap
  • The two-year-old swallowed the ring by accident and had it stuck in the throat
  • Doctors put her under general anaesthesia and removed the ring safely

A toddler girl in China had to be rush to the hospital after having her mother’s diamond ring stuck in her throat by accident.

The mother, Ms Deng, was shocked to find that her two-year-old daughter had swallowed her ring when she woke up from a lunch nap.

Doctors have successfully removed the 2.35×2.05 centimetres (0.93×0.81 inches) ring from the girl’s oesophagus, a part of a person’s digestive system connecting the mouth to the stomach.

Doctors had to put her under anaesthesia to remove the ring

A two-year-old girl in south-east China accidentally swallowed her mother’s diamond ring (left). Doctors had to put her under anaesthesia to remove the ring (right)

Beibei (pictured) was playing with her mother's  ring when she swallowed it by mistake

Beibei (pictured) was playing with her mother’s ring when she swallowed it by mistake

The two-year-old Beibei was taken to Zhuhai Secondary Hospital in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province on the afternoon of March 23, reported Zhuhaiwang. 

Ms Deng said her daughter had asked for her diamond ring. She gave the girl her ring before taking a nap after lunch.

‘Ten minutes later, I woke up and she was crying and pointing at her throat. I guess she could have swallowed my ring down the throat,’ Ms Deng told Guangdong Public Channels.

Dr Chen Gang, an ear, nose and throat specialist, sent the toddler girl for an X-ray check to locate the object.

Dr Chen Gang, pictured, said the ring could drop to the stomach if the girl carried on crying

Dr Chen Gang, pictured, said the ring could drop to the stomach if the girl carried on crying

The diamond ring measures a diameter of 2.35 centimetres (0.93 inches) with sharp edges

The diamond ring measures a diameter of 2.35 centimetres (0.93 inches) with sharp edges

‘We found the ring stuck at about the first section of the oesophagus. The ring has some sharp edges and it could be dangerous if Beibei continues to cry as the ring could get pushed down to the stomach’ said Dr Chen.

Beibei was put under general anaesthesia and the doctors took the ring out with the guide of oesophagogastroduodenoscopy.

Beibei is now recovering at the hospital.

Doctors reminded all parents to keep their small accessories away from young children.

Advertisement



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.