News, Culture & Society

‘Unicorn magic poo’ slime pots are removed from shelves over health fears

No more ‘unicorn poo’ in the shops: Pots of slime are removed from shelves over fears the substance could POISON children

  • Bright pink ‘unicorn magic poo’ and brown ‘magic poo’ products were recalled 
  • The pots of slime have been found to contain too much boron, breaking EU rules
  • Amazon, Claire’s Accessories and Hawkins Bazaar have removed them from sale 

A novelty ‘poo’ product has been pulled from shop shelves over health fears.

The pots of slime, branded as ‘unicorn magic poo’, have been found to contain too much of a chemical element called boron. 

It is feared that a child’s reproductive system could be damaged if they accidentally swallowed some of the gunge. 

As a result, Amazon, Claire’s Accessories and Hawkins Bazaar have removed the products from sale.  

Pots of slime branded as ‘magic poo’ (right) and ‘unicorn magic poo’ (left) have been found to contain too much of a chemical element called boron

Toy manufacturer Tobar has recalled two versions – its bright pink ‘unicorn magic poo’ and its brown ‘magic poo’ from retailers. 

It means those particular products will no longer be sent to stores and any already on the shelves will be removed from sale. 

The urgent safety recall comes after one batch of the slime, with a batch number of K17 and K18, was found to contain too much boron. 

Affected batches contain 1,300mg/kg of boron when EU rules state that the safety limit is 300mg/kg for slime, and 1,200mg/kg for putty.

A spokesperson for Tobar said: ‘Following a deviation from the formula in the manufacturing factory, a batch of the product did not meet the EU requirement for boron. 

‘After one batch of the product was found to be non-compliant, Tobar instigated the withdrawal of all the products from sale, not just the affected batch.

‘We liaised with our trading standards partners and they were happy for us to take this pro-active approach.’ 

It is feared that a child's reproductive system could be damaged if they accidentally swallowed some of the gunge (pictured)

It is feared that a child’s reproductive system could be damaged if they accidentally swallowed some of the gunge (pictured) 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.