Vitamins and minerals are involved primarily in the regulation of metabolic processes in the body. Depending on age, gender, health, weight, height, physical activity, physiological needs, a person needs a different amount of these substances. Therefore, there are norms that help prevent vitamin deficiency and its consequences associated with the development of diseases. Preventing vitamin D3 deficiency is an important public health concern.
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is called ‘solar’ because it is produced in the skin by exposure to ultraviolet light. To do this, children and adults should be in the sun for about 15-30 minutes several times a week. Sunscreens and unfavorable ecology, for example, air pollution, become negative moments for the perception of beneficial sunlight. Therefore, even in the summer months, not always and not everyone can stock up on cholecalciferol.
Almost every fifth inhabitant of the planet is deficient in vitamin D3. Lack of cholecalciferol in children causes rickets. In adults, due to impaired calcium and phosphorus metabolism, osteoporosis develops, and the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases increases. The first bells indicating a deficiency of the solar vitamin: unreasonable weight gain, psoriasis, and other skin rashes. A person is often sick because his immune system is weakening. Problems with concentration begin, muscle breakdowns and insomnia appear.
Learn More About Vitamin D3 Deficiency
Dietary sources of cholecalciferol are salmon, oily fish, butter, cheese, egg yolk, caviar, yeast, liver, meat, corn oil, and so on. It is difficult for a modern person to get all the necessary nutrients from food. It is important to note that the absorption of nutrients can be reduced as a result of exposure to a number of factors: regular stress, previous infectious diseases, smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and so on.
To avoid serious diseases it is necessary to consult a doctor and find out about your norm of this vitamin. In order to buy vitamin D in Sydney, you can review Kennedy’s Pharmacy Botany catalog, where a rich selection of vitamin and mineral complexes is presented.
Remember that the consequences of this condition lead to serious problems:
- there is a metabolic disorder;
- malfunctions may occur in the work of such organs like the thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, adrenal glands, kidneys, lungs, heart, intestines, stomach, pituitary gland, hypothalamus, etc.;
- menstrual irregularities may occur;
- changes begin in the bone tissue, which leads to osteomalacia (leaching of minerals from the bones), and then to osteoporosis, which is fraught with fractures and injuries;
- problems with the ovaries and uterus;
- hormonal imbalance occurs: the production of testosterone and estrogen may increase, which leads to early menopause;
- there is a deterioration in the condition of the skin (vitamin D is involved in the process of renewing skin cells), hair, teeth (caries), manifestations of skin diseases may occur, etc.
Why do customers choose Kennedy’s Pharmacy Botany? Pharmacy in Australia offers the first-class quality of goods, confirmed by certificates. The assortment is rich, allowing you to choose the best option for men, women, or children. And of course, attractive price without extra charges.