- Guests started screaming during the couple’s first dance as they noticed the fire
- The hall was destroyed when the blaze engulfed the entire reception venue
- The footage was captured at the Hacienda Benazuza hotel in Zapopan, Mexico
This is the shocking moment a wedding reception turned into a nightmare when a fire broke out with 300 guests inside.
The blaze, which started in a ceiling display and went on to engulf the entire hall, put an abrupt stop to the newlyweds’ first dance and forced the couple and their guests to flee the burning building.
The bride and groom had been embracing so closely that only the screams of their guests alerted them to the danger, in a fire which destroyed the hall.
The footage was captured by a guest at the wedding, held at the Hacienda Benazuza hotel in Zapopan, Mexico.
As the newly married couple were dancing their guests turned their attention away from the dance floor and towards the fire breaking out on the ceiling
While guests panic the camera reveals the blaze which was caused by a ‘pyrotechnic fault’
At the start of the clip the newlyweds are embracing and singing along to the music with the dance floor to themselves.
Some of the guests, standing in a circle around them, were recording the first dance on their phones.
But the guests quickly turn their attention to the ceiling, pointing at the blaze in horror even as the oblivious bride and groom continue to dance.
As the couple finally realise what is happening, the camera pans and reveals a bright orange blaze on one of the displays.
Guests take pictures of the wreckage and flee the scene as the fire destroys the entire hall
The video then cuts to a later scene, by which time the fire has spread across the hall. Guests are seen taking pictures of the wreckage and getting away.
According to local media, the fire was started by a ‘pyrotechnic fault’ that set alight part of the ceiling display. There were no reported injuries but the wedding hall was completely gutted.
Firefighters promptly arrived on the scene to tackle the raging fire. A preliminary investigation said that the fire was started by fireworks.
Around 300 guests were present at the time. Local authorities have launched an investigation into the building blaze.