The migration agency, Visado Migration Services, is an international company based in Colombia and Australia, which is responsible for guiding and providing the necessary tools to users, so they can realize their dream of living, working, or studying in Australia.
Visado Migration Services aims to show you the Australian skilled visas and the right way to apply for a partner visa in Australia.
List of occupations in Australia
Australia’s skilled list is a series of listings of Australia’s most in-demand occupations, which foreigners can take into account when applying for Australian skilled visas. If you perform one of the jobs on this list, you have the opportunity to live and work in Australia.
Types of Australian skills lists
Australia has three lists of Australian skilled visas, each of which allows migrants to gain entry to the country with or without a job offer. Australian skilled visas are in charge of defining whether a person can stay in the country on a temporary or permanent basis. So if you want to move to Australia, we recommend you to take a look at the three skill lists:
- Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills Checklist (MLTSSL)
- Short-Term Shortage Qualified Occupancy List (STSOL)
- Regional Occupancy List (ROL)
Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
This is one of the most important lists because it allows migrants to apply for a visa as long as they are qualified to enter the country. It is important that you know the 4 Australian skilled Skilled Migrant visas, which will allow you to work in the Aussie territory.
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189): this visa does not require sponsorship, since it is only based on the score obtained during the visa application. You need to score at least 65 points to be eligible.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190): contrary to the subclass 190 visa, in order to travel and work in Australia, you must be sponsored and nominated by an employer or the State. It is also important that you obtain at least 65 points at the time of visa application.
- Skilled Regional (subclass 491): this is one of the Australian skilled visas that allow you to be sponsored by a family member, from a certain area, or you can also be chosen by a State agency. It is important that you achieve a minimum of 65 points in the skills assessment.
- Graduate Visa (subclass 485): is a visa that allows you to return to Australia if you have studied in the country for 2 years, and thus apply for temporary permission to stay in the country.
Some MLTSSL occupations:
- Social worker.
- Motor mechanic.
Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
Those who are nominated by the state or an employer are eligible for two types of visas.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190): This visa offers permanent residency to eligible professionals under 45 years of age.
- Skilled Regional (subclass 491): It is important that you have a nomination from an Australian government agency, only then you will be able to apply for this visa. Also, you must meet the 65 points of the skill assessment.
Some occupations on the STSOL list
- Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Recruitment Consultant.
- Industrial designer.
- Urban and regional planner.
- Education manager.
Regional Occupation List (ROL)
This list offers temporary and permanent residence to persons nominated by a State, employer or territory.
- Skilled Regional (subclass 491): this is the only visa offered by the ROL list, you must be nominated by a state or territorial government agency and, like most visas, you must meet 65 skill points.
Some occupations on the ROL list
- Mixed crop farmer
- Dairy farmer
- Public Relations Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Professional Education Teacher
By occupation ceiling, the Australian Government refers to the maximum limit of Australian skilled visas they offer per occupation, i.e. the maximum number of invitations they issue during a year. After this ceiling has been reached, the Department of Immigration does not issue any more invitations to a particular group until the program resumes the following year. For this reason, it is important that you are always aware of the Australian Government’s invitation program.
Partner visa in Australia
In order for a person to apply for a partner visa in Australia, he/she must be married to an Australian citizen, only in this way can he/she obtain the visa. It is important that your partner is an Australian resident or was born in Australia.
Your partner will only be able to sponsor you for a period of 2 years, so, during this time, even after, your relationship must be stable. If you are married, the marriage must be legalized in Australia, and then outside of Australia you must apply for this visa.
There are two ways to apply for a partner visa in Australia, on a temporary or permanent basis:
Temporary visa: this visa will allow you to travel in and out of Australia for a certain period of time, you will also be able to work. At the moment of applying for this visa, you can be out of the country, but this means that you cannot be in Australia at the moment of approval. The same applies if you apply for a visa when you are inside the Aussie territory.
Permanent visa: when applying for a partner visa in Australia you may have to wait two years or more for the application to be granted. However, one of the main requirements to obtain this visa is that you have been married to an Australian resident for more than 5 years. Another option is that you have been married for more than 2 years, but there are children within the marriage.
Conditions for a Partner Visa in Australia
There are only two very important conditions that must be met in order for you to obtain the Partner Visa.
The first condition is that it must be proven that the marriage to the resident is legal. So the couple must bring proof that their relationship is genuine and that they wish to remain together even if permanent residency is granted by the government. It is important that you bring with you documents that validate this fact, such as marriage certificates.
The second condition is compliance with the character and health requirements set by the Australian authorities.
Remember that obtaining an Australian visa is not complicated, but it is really important that you meet all the conditions before, during, and after the visa application is made. The Government’s objective is to prove that it is a real marriage, where the applicants truly love each other and wish to stay together to create a family with an excellent quality of life.