Hybrid saws are getting more popular than before these days because of the additional facilities and features they afford. If you have started the woodworking life recently, you might want to learn about it! So, what is a hybrid table saw, and what is the difference between the other saws and this one?
We will cover the basics of a hybrid table saw here with the features. Also, we will tell you why you should buy this saw!
Let us jump right into it!
Hybrid Table Saw: Definition and Basics
If you are known to woodwork, you already know about this saw by reading the hybrid table saw reviews. Even if you are a beginner, you must have heard about this table saw. Yes, this is a renovated version of the regular table saw that includes some additional features according to your requirement. In short, a hybrid saw is a stationary table saw.
In terms of looks, this looks expensive cabinet maker saw. The motor of the saw is included. The internal part of this saw looks like a contractor saw. So, you already know why it is called hybrid! It is a combination of a cabinet saw and a contractor saw.
It is also known as a light-duty cabinet saw. It is designed as a medium-sized cabinet saw. The best part about such a saw is these provide you ample size. Along with this, it gives you the feature of portability! As you know, table saws have changed their outlook from the beginning. The safety features are now improved, they are available in different tops and you get to choose among better fences now.
Along with this, the power options are also improved and there are a lot of changes like this. Other changes include the various paint jobs to make your work easier. If you are a serious woodworker in your home and you require perfection, you might end up loving a hybrid table saw. These afford you better stability, more accuracy, and ultimate reliability.
Features of a Hybrid Saw
Design and Size
First of all, you have to learn about the motor of a hybrid table saw. These usually come with motors of 1-3/4 horsepower. The other contractor’s saws in the market come with 1-1/2 HP motors. However, things and features are always on the go. There are hybrid table saws and other saws that have smaller motors these days.
The regular cabinet saws are wired for 220 volts. But, most of the hybrid table saw are available factory-wired for 110v AC. This a plus point when it comes to the confusion between the other cabinet saw and the hybrid saw. Several brands have their hybrid saw line with improved features. You will surely find some lightweight options but in that case, the accuracy will be affected.
Do you know what is a hybrid table saw and how is it different than the other ones? The first thing that makes it unique is the dust collector. The best part of the hybrid saws these days is the dust extraction system.
The extraction system for dust is added to a dust collector here. As a result, you get the ultimate benefit of the cleaning process. Such saws have a full-length cabinet and in some cases, half-length cabinets too. The dust collector is usually hooked at the lower part of the saw.
Weight and Portability
These saws are great in terms of cut width. As these have independent fence systems, you get better cut width. On the other hand, the weight of the tool is a fact in situations when you need to carry the saw here and there. The weight of the hybrid saw is less and so, you can easily take it, pack it and go out for cutting the perfect pieces of wood and plywood.
The integrated safety features attract the woodworkers more than anything. The blade guard feature ensures the safety of your blade. Along with this, there is a riving knife added with almost all hybrid table saw. With the help of these, the chances of injuries will be reduced. While working, your hands and other body parts will be protected.
Along with this, the sawdust will not bother you while working! Some of the models come with automatic skin detectors. This can lessen the chances of accidents to a visible rate!
Benefits of a Hybrid Table Saw
- If you get a hybrid table saw, the accuracy of the cutting will be outstanding. Along with the accuracy, stability is a factor here. If you want to settle for something that affords better stability along with precision in cutting, a hybrid table saw is a good option to go for.
- A hybrid saw offers you the ultimate adjustability! With this saw, you will get to see the fence system. Here, the fence system is improved to make it work better. Compared to the contractor saw, the hybrid table saw has a superior fence system. If you are a carpenter or a DIY-lover, you will love it because it is less expensive than a contractor saw but it still provides you better fence system!
- The assembly of this saw is another thing that will attract you to buy this one. Such saws come with easy assembling options for you so that you don’t need to put too much effort into this work. Even if you are a newbie, you will be able to assemble the saw without any complication. In comparison to the cabinet saws, these saws are easy to understand when the matter is the perfect assembly.
- Some specific hybrid saws in the market will afford you the ability to make them work just like a cabinet saw! Yes, we are talked about the heavy-duty work that your cabinet saw can do. You will get some specific heavy-duty features of a cabinet saw and that is almost half of the price of a cabinet saw!
- The design of the base of a hybrid saw is enclosed. As a result, the motor of the saw includes inside the base. The base can protect the motor easily providing a guard to it. As a result, the safety of the motor is ensured here!
- The dust collector as we have mentioned above is another feature that works amazing when you are a woodworker and need to work almost every day. The built-in dust collector keeps the dust away keeping the area clean.
Many of us don’t know what a hybrid saw is but with this short note, you can easily learn the basics of a hybrid table saw. If you are planning to buy a saw that has both the features of a cabinet saw and a contractor saw but you want it to be more precise, inexpensive, and portable, this is the best choice!
Check out the details about the other popular saws in the market and make your woodworking life better and easier than before!