Health coach shares how to make ‘taco sliders’ at home that taste EXACTLY like KFC
- An Aussie health coach has revealed a secret hack to make KFC sliders at home
- Her ‘unreal’ recipe requires only five ingredients and has 223 calories per wrap
- Bec Hardgrave used Tegel Takeouts chicken from Woolies for the tasty fakeaway
- Fans of the wildly popular burger have become frustrated as its always sold out
- The health coach has previously shared healthy versions of other takeaways
An Australian health coach has revealed exactly how to make a KFC supercharged slider at home using frozen chicken from Woolies and homemade sauce.
Bec Hardgrave from Brisbane recently discovered that Tegel Takeouts Louisiana style chicken burgers are a perfect KFC chicken dupe, however the product has become hard to find since the secret got out.
She adds a chicken burger, shredded lettuce and a DIY KFC supercharged sauce to a mini wrap to make the popular slider.
A Brisbane-based health coach has create an ‘unreal’ home-cooked version of KFC’s popular supercharged slider (pictured)
The fitness coach, Bec Hardgrave, used the wildly popular $14 Tegel Takeouts Louisiana style chicken burger. She added a slice of the burger to a white mini wrap with shredded lettuce and home-made supercharged sauce
To make the ‘unreal’ 223 calorie fakeaway, first cook the Tegel’s chicken in the airfryer then mix 15 grams of light mayo and 5 grams of chilli sauce and add it to a mini white wrap.
Then add lettuce, cut the cooked chicken into tenders and put 70 grams into the wrap. Fold and enjoy.
The original supercharged slider costs $2.95 and contains a chicken tender, lettuce and supercharged sauce wrapped in a warm flatbread. The product has 269 calories.
The KFC dish also comes in BBQ flavour and mayo pepper flavour.
The burgers cost $14 for 600 grams, but are almost impossible to find in Woolworths stores or online
‘If you guys are already on these fillets at Woolworths that taste exactly like KFC, then I’ve got another menu item fakeaway for you,’ the health coach said.
Bec previously said the burgers ‘taste just like KFC, but better,’ rating the product a 20/10.
Tegel Takeouts Louisiana style chicken burgers have become a cult favourite since being outed as a KFC chicken dupe, and the $14 New Zealand product is now so popular it’s completely out of stock online and in many Woolworths.
Bec’s followers were eager to try the dish but frustrated by the unavailability of the burger.
‘These burgers are hard to find! Sold out in the north of Melbourne,’ one woman said.
‘Patties are amazing. Everyone is onto them though and with them half price last week they’re very hard to find,’ a man commented.
‘Hubby and I have been trying for the last 4 weeks to get these at our local and they are sold out or out of stock,’ one frustrated woman said.
However the shoppers that have been able to find the burgers have been very impressed.
‘I had the burgers tonight! Tasted exactly like KFC,’ one woman said.
What are Bec’s favourite healthy ‘fakeaway’ recipes?
Healthier McChicken Aioli Wrap (283 Calories)
* To make the sauce, mix 15g of mayonnaise, 15g of plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 tsp of Garlic Lovers seasoning
* Cook chicken breast tenders in an airfryer
* Add the sauce to a whole meal wrap with lettuce, then add chicken and tomato
Dominos Burger Pizza dupe (529 Calories)
* Using Lebanese bread as a pizza base, add 50g of pasta sauce, 30g of grated cheese, 100% 5 per cent fat beef mince, 30g of pickles, one slice of smoky cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees
* Make secret burger sauce using 20g light mayo, 10g tomato sauce, 5g American Mustard, 5g Pickle Relish and a Dash of white vinegar, drizzle it over the cooked pizza
Bacon & Egg McGriddle Fakeaway (419 Calories)
* Mix 60 ml of no sugar pancake mix with 50ml of buttermilk and 1/2 cup of water.
* Fry the batter in circular shaped moulds, add two drops of maple syrup to each griddle
* Grill 40g of short cut bacon
* Mix one whole egg, and one egg white and fry like an omelette
* Place one griddle on a plate, fold the egg and add it, add the bacon and one slice of smokey cheese, then top the dish with the second griddle