Tire manufacturers are constantly delighting motorists with novelties and innovations in the development of models of summer tires. On the Ukrainian market, there are a lot of brands and models of tires with different characteristics and for every purse. But it is not always clear how to understand all this abundance and what to choose.
In this article, we will tell you about the manufacturers and product lines, which we think became leaders in the premium segment this year. We have made our selection based on several expert decisions, including the summer tyre test 2021. Let us also pay attention to the new products of the tire market that have just entered the market, but which are obligatory to see if you are in the process of choosing a tire.
TOP of the best summer tires 2020-2021
When planning to buy summer tires, and not knowing what to start with, you need to answer a few questions:
- In what price segment are you planning to buy rubber. In this article we make ratings depending on the price segment to which the tire belongs;
- On what road surface you will be driving most often. It will be mostly asphalt or it will be asphalt and dirt road or only dirt road;
- What kind of driving style you have;
- Do you prefer quiet or noisy tires?
Rating of summer tires 2020 – 2021 in the premium segment
All these manufacturers of tires have long been represented on the international market and proved themselves very well. Therefore if you look for summer tires in this price segment, we recommend you to pay attention to the models from our rating.
Bridgestone Turanza T005
Available in sizes from R15 to R19. By buying Bridgestone tires from official representatives, you will automatically and for free get an extended warranty on them, which is very convenient and beneficial given the quality of our roads.
- Good traction and maneuverability;
- Excellent wet handling;
- Reduced fuel consumption.
Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance 2
Available in sizes from R15 to R17. These tires of another legendary premium brand have a variable spacing of the tread blocks, combined with optimized angles between them, resulting in a significant reduction of the noise level.
- Asymmetric tread pattern;
- Good grip on wet asphalt;
- Low rolling resistance;
- Significant reduction in fuel consumption through the use of a new generation of materials;
Michelin Primacy 4
Available in sizes R15 to R20. The Primacy 4 from French manufacturer Michelin has been on the market since 2018 as an improved version of the Primacy 3 while offering better traction, comfort, and reliability.
- Asymmetric tread pattern
- Optimal braking and traction properties on wet and dry roads;
- Excellent traction properties during the entire period of operation, without their deterioration;
- Availability of a two-component wear indication system;
- Protection against aquaplaning.
Continental Conti Premium Contact 6
Available in sizes from R15 to R22. These tires take the position of a flagship model of the German concern. Construction of this summer tire uses all the most effective technologies and materials, which have been borrowed including SportContact tires.
- Excellent traction properties on wet roads;
- Increased maneuverability due to the added rigid longitudinal ribs in the center.
- Reinforced sidewall construction;
- Even better-aquaplaning
Dunlop SP Sport Bluresponse
Available in sizes R15 to R17. This summer model features an almost perfect balance between excellent traction, fuel efficiency, and durability.
- Excellent handling on wet asphalt;
- short braking distances;
- good fuel economy;
- low noise level;
- Low rolling resistance.