Two-year-old boy is left seriously injured after his grandfather accidentally runs over him with a lawnmower
- The two-year-old boy was seriously injured outside his grandparent’s home in in Commiskey, Indiana on Saturday afternoon
- He was running towards his grandfather William Waltermire while he mowed the lawn but tripped and fell
- The boy’s grandfather was backing up the lawnmower at the time
- The toddler went under the lawnmower while it was still mowing
- He was rushed to hospital suffering serious injuries but his condition isn’t known
A two-year-old boy has suffered serious injuries after his grandfather accidentally ran over him with a lawnmower.
The incident occurred on the front lawn of William and Beverly Waltermire’s home in Commiskey, Indiana on Saturday afternoon.
The Waltermire’s toddler grandson, who hasn’t been named, was running towards his grandfather while he mowed the lawn.
The two-year-old boy was seriously injured outside his grandparent’s home in Commiskey, Indiana on Saturday afternoon when he was run over by an active lawnmower
His grandmother tried to chase after the little boy but he tripped and fell down just as his grandfather was backing up with the lawnmower.
The boy went under the lawnmower while it was mowing.
His grandparents rushed him to the Jennings County Sheriff’s Office, which is also where the Jennings County EMS is located, to request an ambulance.
The boy was rushed to St. Vincent Jennings hospital before being airlifted to Riley Hospital in Indianapolis.
The Jennings County Sheriff’s Office described the incident as a ‘terrible accident’ and said they were continuing to investigate
He suffered serious injuries but his current condition is not yet known.
The Jennings County Sheriff’s Office described the incident as a ‘terrible accident’.
They said they are continuing to investigate the incident.
‘Our thoughts are with the family during this difficult time. We would like to thank Rescue 20 and St. Vincent-Jennings Hospital Staff as well as officers from the North Vernon Police Department for their efforts,’ the sheriff’s office said in a statement.