Carjacker accidentally kidnaps an eight-week-old BABY boy who was inside a Hyundai stolen outside a medical centre
- Police hunting for carjacker who stole a car with a baby boy sleeping inside
- Car stolen from medical centre on Bush Blvd, Mill Park in Melbourne’s northeast
- Hyundai Tucson found 20 minutes later at a nearby Home Maker Centre
- The eight-week-old baby boy was still in the car and appeared to be unharmed
- Police have released a photo and description of the man they’re searching for
The desperate hunt continues to track down a carjacker who stole a vehicle with an eight-week-old baby sleeping inside on Friday morning.
Victoria Police were told a white Hyundai Tucson was stolen from the vicinity of a medical centre on Bush Blvd, Mill Park in Melbourne’s northeast around 10.20am.
The car was found at a Home Maker Centre 20 minutes later on Plenty Road, Mill Park.
Victoria Police have released photos and a description of a man (pictured) they want to speak to
The stolen Hyundai Tucson (pictured) was abandoned a short time later with the baby still inside
The baby boy was still asleep in the car and appeared to have been unharmed.
Police later issued a public alert with a photo and description a man they’re searching for.
He’s described as white, with light olive skin, medium build, wearing a black t-shirt with white motive on the front, a Khaki coloured baseball cap, sunglasses, grey tracksuit pants, white runners and carrying a sachel or handbag.
He was last seen fleeing the intersection of McDonalds and Plenty Roads in a westerly direction.
Anyone with information is urged to call triple-0.
The man (pictured) is described as Caucasian, with light olive skin and medium build. Anyone who sees the man is urged to call triple-0
The carjacker dumped the stolen car at a Home Maker Centre in Mill Park
Police are investigating Friday morning’s carjacking in Melbourne’s northeast