The celebrity lawyer representing the elderly neighbour of Guy Sebastian has sensationally claimed in court there are two Guys – one good and one bad.
Bryan Wrench told Waverley Local Court on Thursday that Sebastian was still withholding CCTV footage vital to the case.
‘There may be an Australian Idol Guy Sebastian good guy. but I’m sorry to say there is a Guy Sebastian bad guy,’ he said.
The Battle Scars singer has accused his 66-year-old neighbour Phillip Hanslow of threatening to kill him during a long-running dispute between the pair.
Guy Sebastian (pictured with his wife Jules) was ordered to submit footage of an alleged altercation with his neighbour to Waverley Local Court on Thursday
Phillip Hanslow is pictured with his wife Carol outside Waverley Local Court on February 2
Wrench was handed a USB stick containing security footage on Wednesday after Sebastian was issued a subpoena.
But after viewing the USB, he told Magistrate Jacqueline Milledge it did not feature the relevant argument between his client and Sebastian.
”There was a spat, but (Guy Sebastian) is not in fear,’ Wrench said, describing the singer’s demeanour towards Mr Hanslow as ‘sarcastic and demeaning’.
He said that Guy Sebastian had been interviewed on TV shows like Sunrise about the case and had said he would produce footage of the encounter.
Wrench asked Ms Milledge for another week for the ‘missing’ CCTV to be produced by Sebastian’s lawyers.
Outside court, he said: ‘We expect justice and nothing but the truth in this matter’.
Hanslow is accused of threatening to kill Sebastian and kicking over a fence dividing their adjoining Maroubra properties on January 23.
The alleged altercation followed years of rising tensions over the pop star’s enormous concrete mansion which cost $7million to purchase and fully rebuild.
Phillip Hanslow and his wife Carole have since moved out of their Maroubra home (shown on the right of Guy Sebastian’s imposing property)
The bitter row began in 2013 when Sebastian, 41, and wife Jules Egan, 43, bought their property at Maroubra, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, for $3.1million.
When they demolished the home to build their sprawling new dream mansion, it triggered a feud with their new neighbours.
Hanslow claims debris from the demolition damaged his home when a ‘brick missile’ smashed into an outside wall, narrowly missing his lounge window and his terminally ill wife Carol, who was watching TV inside.
And he slammed the final design of the Sebastian’s new home as an ugly fortress for its imposing and windowless frontage, butting right up to the edge of his home.
During the altercation on January 23, Hanslow is accused of telling the Battle Scars hitmaker: ‘I’ll put a bullet in your head’. However, Hanslow believes he actually said: ‘One day someone will put a bullet in your head.’
Police raided Hanslow’s home in the following days, arriving at the elderly man’s house while he was on the toilet.
He was arrested, charged and hit with an apprehended violence order for Sebastian’s protection.
Outside court, Hanslow told Daily Mail Australia that his neighbour was a ‘vengeful’ person.
‘He’s paranoid about security and has a large security camera outside so anywhere I go outside on the property, he can see…’ he claimed earlier this month.
‘We’re going to have to sell. We’re too old for this.’
During a TV interview earlier this month, Sebastian claimed there’d been a lot said about the court matter ‘that’s not true’.
‘This is an ongoing thing, not an isolated event, there was something that transpired between me and him where I’d asked him basically to stop damaging my property,’ he said.
Celebrity lawyer Bryan Wrench, from Murphy’s Lawyers (pictured), has taken on Hanslow’s case
Guy Sebastian was pictured at his Maroubra house on February 2, welcoming guests as his neighbour appeared in court
‘There were some things that were said on his part which caused me to have to call the police,’ he alleged.
Sebastian was adamant that it wasn’t ‘me versus him’, stressing he wasn’t the one to take out an apprehended violence order.
‘It’s the police who decided to take the initiative of taking an AVO out,’ he continued.
‘As a public person I’ll cop it, there’s going to be stuff that’s said but it’s like where do I start?’.
Hanslow and his wife now live in a semi-derelict home in Carlton (pictured) after leaving the house they own next door to Guy Sebastian
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk