Are you thinking of adding logos to a hat and you don’t know where to start? Well, you are not alone. A lot of people are planning to add logos to their hats but don’t know the steps to take. This is why this guide was created.
Here are the steps to take to add a logo to your hat.
- Firstly, you need to find a graphic store near you or visit an online patch store that can help you create your logo in the form of an iron-on patch.
- Secondly, get an iron, ironing board, and hat.
- Thirdly, turn your iron up to a high temperature. And prepare your ironing board.
- Fourthly, carefully place the logo where you want it to stay on the hat. While doing so, ensure to align it appropriately.
- Next, put a cloth on the logo and hold down the iron on it for about seven seconds. Once the time is up, you should remove the iron, to avoid burning the patch.
- Make sure to repeat the step above, but this time, you need to iron the logo area from the other side.
- Finally, you need to apply pressure to the area where the logo is attached.
Reasons For Putting Logos On Hats
Custom hats are one of the clever marketing tools we have today. A lot of organizations globally now make use of customized apparel to promote their brands.
They do this in the form of giveaways and even as value-added packages for their customers. Unlike other forms of customized wearables, hats can be worn on different types of attire. Meaning they will be used more often than t-shirts, jackets, or pullovers.
If you create an attractive custom hat for your fashion brand and a new client sees it, such a person might be motivated to learn more about your brand.
Uniformity and Identification
A hat with a logo on it can be used to identify a group of people. It can be used by members of a society to identify each other at a gathering. Also, if you live with a lot of people and you own a lot of hats, one way to differentiate your hat from the rest is by adding a logo to it.
It is possible to add logos to your hat for the fun of it. If you find a word or logo you like, you can have it stamped on your hat easily.
If you own a fashion line that makes custom caps, it is quite important that you brand your hats with your company logo. This is the only way to set apart your brand from others.
Tips To Remember When Designing A Logo For Your Hat
If it’s your first time trying to create a logo to put on a hat, there are important tips you should keep in mind to ensure your efforts don’t go to waste. Some of these tips are:
Choose The Kind Of Hat You Want To Use Wisely
Since there are so many designs of hats available, it’s easy for you to get overwhelmed and go for the wrong one. So before you pick any hat for your logo, consider your reason for wanting to customize the hat in the first instance. If you intend on creating customized hats to go out with a group of funky friends, face caps are the best option. For an aunt who loves fishing, it’s a bucket hat.
Ensure Your Colors Are Complementary
Before creating a logo for your hat, you need to understand how colors complement each other. If you don’t know much about colors, you might end up creating what people will find unattractive. Aside from being able to mix colors that bring out your logo, you also need to choose logo colors that compliment the hat you’re using itself.
Another thing to beware of when creating a logo for a hat is the kind of words you want to attach to it. Ideally, you should avoid words that can upset or disrespect people. For this reason, it’s best to know the true meaning of any word before making use of it. Some words are offensive to some group of people even if it means nothing to you.