REVEALED: The top five best-selling McDonald’s items of 2021 – and shockingly fries haven’t made the cut
- McDonald’s Australia has revealed the top five most popular menu items for 2021
- It was the humble $4.70 cheeseburger that reigned supreme against other items
- The golden hash brown was dubbed second best and a Big Mac burger third
- Surprisingly, fries didn’t make the cut on the most popular list for the year
McDonald’s Australia has revealed the top five food items that were most popular throughout 2021, and the result may surprise some.
While many turn to fries for a quick snack, it was the humble $4.70 cheeseburger that reigned supreme against all menu offerings.
The second most popular item was the golden hash brown priced at a mere $2.60, followed by the classic Big Mac beef burger in third place.
Surprisingly, fries didn’t make the top five.
McDonald’s Australia has announced the five most popular food items of 2021
While many turn to takeaway fries for a quick, budget-friendly snack, it was the humble $4.70 cheeseburger that reigned supreme against all menu offerings (left) followed by the golden hash brown
In fourth place was the bite-sized chicken McNuggets made from 100 per cent Aussie chicken breast with a crisp tempura coating.
Unlike the previous indulgent menu items, the frothy McCafe cappuccino won fifth place.
It’s also surprising a McCafe item made the top five list when other options, including onion rings and McFlurry ice cream, are known to be popular menu items.
A McDonald’s Australia spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia it’s always difficult to predict which menu items will be dubbed as favourites.
‘Every Macca’s customer chooses their own taste adventure, which makes it hard to predict the ultimate fan favourites. There’s the great Big Mac or McChicken debate, Hash Brown or French Fries, McFlurry with Oreo or M&M Minis?’ a McDonald’s Australia spokesperson said.
‘The competition will hot up even more this summer with new favourites on the menu including the Chicken Big Mac, Big Mac Bacon and Onion Rings with BBQ Sauce.’
What are the top five most popular menu items at McDonald’s for 2021?
1. Cheeseburger – the legendary burger made from 100 per cent Aussie beef, onions, pickle, ketchup, mustard and cheese, all in a soft burger bun
2. Hash Browns – the crunchy, golden brown crust with a steaming, fluffy potato centre
3. Big Mac – the delicious juicy burger made from two 100 per cent Aussie beef patties, crisp iceberg lettuce, melting signature cheese, onions, pickles and ‘special sauce, between a toasted sesame seed bun
4. Chicken McNuggets – the bite-sized Macca’s nuggets made with tender juicy 100 per cent Aussie Chicken breast in a crisp tempura coating
5. Cappuccino – All your favourites in one: espresso, full cream milk, a generous layer of froth and a sprinkle of chocolate powder