Woman, 23, is shot in the face ‘by her masked ex-boyfriend who tries to make it look like an armed robbery’
- Renata Ranyelle Almeida was shot in the face Saturday at a store where works at northeast Brazil
- The 23-year-old woman remains hospitalized and is listed in serious condition
- Surveillance video showed the moment an armed masked man ordered two women to the back of the store before leading Almeida to the register area
- The young woman took out the cash register bin and placed it on the counter before the suspect fired a single shot and fled on a motorcycle
- The victim’s family accused her ex-boyfriend carrying out the shooting
- The man was interviewed by the police and denied committing the crime
Renata Ranyelle Almeida listed in serious condition after she was shot in the face Saturday at a clothing store in Brazil
A 23-year-old store clerk in northeast Brazil miraculously survived a shot to the face by a masked man, who her family claim is her ex-boyfriend.
A surveillance camera inside the clothing store located in São Miguel, Río Grande do Norte, showed the terrifying moment the man fired off a single at Renata Ranyelle Almeida, on Saturday afternoon.
After entering the store, the suspect ordered three women to walk towards the back area near the cash register booth.
The store security camera recorded the moment he pushed Almeida towards the cash register before she calmly placed the cashed bin on top of the counter.
23-year-old was ordered to the register counter and placed all of the money on the counter before the masked suspect shot her in the face
Renata Ranyelle Almeida (left) is recovering in a hospital in northeastern Brazil after a man (left) shot her one time in the face. Family told authorities they believe the woman’s ex-boyfriend is behind the shooting
Instead of running out of the store with the money, the man unloaded his gun and ran out of the store. He got on a motorcycle and fled the scene, and still remains on the run.
Almeida was taken to Tarcísio Maia Regional Hospital. The last medical update listed her in serious condition.
Concerned family members told authorities they suspect Almeida’s ex-boyfriend is behind the attempted murder.
He was questioned by the police and vehemently denied his involvement.
‘As seen in the security camera recordings, the young woman does not react in any way, and yet the criminal shoots her,’ civil police delegate Cristiano Gouveia said, according to Brazilian outlet Tribuna do Norte.
‘That’s why people think he went there with the aim of killing her.’
Renata Ranyelle Almeida miraculously survived an assassination attempt at her job