Tottenham’s Jan Vertonghen faces fitness race for Champions League final after ankle injury rules him out of Premier League finale with Everton
- Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen faces a fitness race ahead of June 1 final
- He suffered an ankle injury in Wednesday’s dramatic 3-2 win away to Ajax
- Vertonghen ruled out of Sunday’s final Premier League game against Everton
- Harry Kane, Harry Winks and Davinson Sanchez will also miss Sunday’s match
- Tottenham will play Liverpool in the Champions League final in Madrid
Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen could have a race to get fit for the Champions League final as he has been ruled out of the Premier League clash with Everton.
The defender picked up an ankle injury against Ajax and will now be assessed fully to determine whether he will be fit for the Madrid showpiece on June 1.
Spurs will be very light against Everton as Harry Kane, Harry Winks, and Davinson Sanchez are definitely out injured while Danny Rose and Victor Wanyama are being assessed.
Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen faces a fitness race for the Champions League final
Vertonghen suffer an ankle injury during Tottenham’s dramatic win over Ajax on Wednesday
Juan Foyth and Son Heung-min are suspended and will also miss the first two games of next season.
More to follow.