Tyson Fury tells his 5.4M followers ‘don’t call me, email me or text me’ as he begins a social media blackout to prepare for his world title defence against Dillian Whyte – and says he’ll give his rival the ‘respect he deserves’ by training hard
- Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte will go head-to-head on April 23 at Wembley
- Whyte signed his contract to face Tyson Fury on deadline day after a long delay
- Following the confirmation, Fury told his fans he was logging off social media
- He said he’d give Whyte the respect he deserved by training hard for the fight
- The Gypsy King told his followers he is ‘completely out of bounds’ until May
Tyson Fury has revealed he will be going on a social media ‘blackout’ ahead of his WBC title fight with Dillian Whyte on April 23.
The Gypsy King has asked his followers to ‘respect his privacy’ and refrain from ‘calling, texting, or emailing’ him during his training camp.
Fury says he will give Whyte ‘all the respect he deserves’ by training hard and ‘going off social media completely for the next eight and a half weeks’.
Tyson Fury has announced he will be logging off social media as he prepares to face Whyte
The 33-year-old told his 5.4million followers that he would be logging off social media as he prepares for the fight.
He also told his followers that he would never ‘underestimated’ an opponent, regardless of his confidence in beating them.
Taking to Instagram, Fury said: ‘Hi Tyson Fury here, aka the Gypsy King. I am about to go off social media completely for the next eight and a half weeks.
‘I’ve got to go into my training camp to give Dillian Whyte all the respect in the world he needs. I’ve never underestimated anybody in my life.
‘I’ll give this man all the respect he deserves coming in as the No.1 ranked WBC heavyweight challenger in the world today.
The Gypsy King will put his title on the line against Whyte at Wembley Stadium on April 23
‘Please don’t phone me, call me, email me, text me or try to contact me in any single way as I am out of bounds until May. Have a fantastic time. I will see you all at the press conference.
‘I will be training away but please appreciate my privacy and space until the press conference. I will see you all soon. Peace out.’
Fury prepared for his trilogy fight against Deontay Wilder in the same way. The decision seemed to have paid off considering he beat the American to move to 31-0-1 (22 knockouts).
However, Fury couldn’t log off without make one last jibe at his opponent. He took to Instagram earlier in the day to tell Whyte that he would ‘burst him like a cheap balloon’ during their box office bout.
The Gypsy King said: ‘I am gonna absolutely burst Dillian Whyte like a cheap f***ing water balloon and then when I finish with him, Joe Parker is gonna get him. Because you are useless you big dosser. You useless sausage.’
Fury also said he was not surprised that Whyte finally signed the contract for the fight – considering it’s ‘the biggest payday he is ever going to get’.
Fury says he will give the Body Snatcher (above) ‘all the respect he deserves’ by training hard
Fury also took part in a social media blackout ahead of his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder
Taking to social media, Fury sarcastically said: ‘Oh my god Dillian Whyte has signed his contract for $8million.
‘What’s surprise. An absolute idiot. Should this even be a talking point? The man signed for the biggest payday he’s ever going to get in his life.’
The Gypsy King went on to dismiss claims Whyte’s ‘mind games’ had disrupted his training camp by joking: ‘Oh my god my head hurts from all the mind games that Dillian Whyte has been playing on me.
‘Oh my god. I’m so sore. I don’t know whether I’m coming or going. My training camp is a mess.’