Bodies of four kids and their grandmother are wheeled out of their LA home: Father arrested on suspicion of murder
- A woman and four children under the age of 12 – including an infant – were found dead inside their Lancaster, California home on Sunday night
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the home at around 10.30pm after they received a call that someone stopped breathing
- When they arrived, they found the woman, three boys and a girl with gunshot wounds to the upper torso and they were pronounced dead at the scene
- A man believed to be the father of the children has turned himself into the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station but it is unclear if he is a suspect
- The shooting is still under investigation
A grandmother and four grandchildren were found dead from gunshot wounds inside their California home on Sunday night.
As ABC 7 reports, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a home in Lancaster, north of Los Angeles, at around 10.30pm, after they received a call that someone had stopped breathing.
When the deputies arrived at the scene, they found an adult woman and four children suffering from gunshot wounds to the upper torso.
All of the children – three boys and a girl, according to CBS Los Angeles – are under the age of 12, including one infant. They were all pronounced dead at the scene.
The children’s father has now turned himself into the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station and is being interviewed by investigators, but it remains unclear if he is a suspect in the deaths.
A woman and four children were found shot dead inside this Lancaster, California home on Sunday night
Homicide detectives were still on the scene as of Monday morning
Authorities say they received a call at around 10.30pm about someone who had stopped breathing and arrived on the scene to find the woman and children dead
The victim’s names have not been released.
The circumstances around the deaths and a possible motive are also unclear as of Monday morning.
The homicides are now under investigation.
Detectives were still at the scene of the house early on Monday.