Woman reveals how she chose her cheating husband over her concerned friends before dumping them for criticising him
- A wife has spoken how she discovered her husband was having an affair
- The woman saw a notification on his phone that read: ‘You’re so good to me’
- After weeks of ‘soul searching and talking’, she decided to stay
- But she didn’t feel supported by her friends who said to ‘show him the door’
A wife has revealed why she decided to give her marriage a second chance after discovering her husband was cheating, even though her concerned friends urged her to leave.
The married couple have been together for 15 years and have two young children, but three days before Christmas the woman checked a notification on his phone while he was in the shower to ensure it wasn’t urgent.
The text ready ‘you’re so good to me’ with four red hearts and instantly she felt nauseas and a ‘ringing’ in her ears.
Rather than throwing away years of love, connection and family, she decided to stay and work on repairing their relationship – which she admitted was unusual – but her friends said she should ‘run’.
The wife discovered her husband was cheating after checking a notification on his phone while he was in the shower that read ‘you’re so good to me’ with four red hearts (stock image)
‘I knew immediately. There was another woman. Tom talked. At first, he said it was just someone from work he had helped. And then he confessed to inappropriate messages,’ the woman wrote on Mamamia.
Her husband confessed to having an emotional and physical affair with a woman from work for six months.
After finding out, the wife drove her and the kids to her parents’ where they spent Christmas.
Rather than throwing away years of love, connection and family, she decided to stay and work on repairing their relationship – which she admitted was unusual – but her friends said she should ‘run’ (stock image)
After weeks of ‘soul searching and talking’, she began to notice a shift in her husband ‘for the good’.
Her husband and the other woman also no longer work together.
‘We could use this horrible thing as a chance to make our relationship better than it had ever been,’ she wrote.
But prior to making the emotionally difficult decision, her closest friends were telling her to ‘run’ and ‘show him the door’ as he didn’t respect her.
She said reading the messages from her friends hurt more than deciding to stay with her cheating husband.
While the friends likely thought they were supporting her, she said she felt belittled.
The woman said she couldn’t throw away their lifetime connection and family.
FIVE SIGNS YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS OVER
1. A lack of communication – when people stop talking to their significant other this causes many problems in the relationship and is a big sign something is not right.
2. Stagnant sex – If one or both people in the relationship are bored in the bedroom or stop wanting to have sex then the relationship might be over.
3. Under appreciation – When one or both parties feel like the other doesn’t appreciate them, or one feels like a burden it is time to find someone else.
4. Fantasising about others – If you find yourself wondering about life as a single person, or with someone from work or the gym it is a sign you are detaching from your current relationship.
5. Cheating – This comes in many forms and has many definitions depending on your relationship. Some relationships can move past cheating but in others the feeling of hurt and betrayal will end up ruining the relationship for good.
Source: Dr Lurve