England are handed a major Six Nations injury boost with Owen Farrell, Manu Tuilagi and Jamie George ALL set to return to Eddie Jones’ squad next month
- England are will be boosted by having three players return to Six Nations squad
- Owen Farrell, Manu Tuilagi and Jamie George will all be back from injury in time
- They were facing long spells out after suffering setbacks in the autumn nations
- However, Saracens hooker George is on course for a comeback this weekend
- There have also been encouraging bulletins about both Farrell and Tuilagi
England are set to be boosted by unexpectedly having captain Owen Farrell, Manu Tuilagi and Jamie George all back from injury in time for the start of the Six Nations.
The senior trio were left facing long spells out of action after suffering setbacks during the recent autumn campaign at Twickenham.
But Saracens hooker George is on course for a comeback this weekend and there were encouraging bulletins on Wednesday on club-mate Farrell – who is recovering from ankle surgery – and Tuilagi, who suffered a hamstring tear in the win over South Africa.
England are set to be boosted by unexpectedly having captain Owen Farrell return from injury
Manu Tuilagi and Jamie George will also return to the squad in time for the Six Nations
Mark McCall, Saracens’ director of rugby, said: ‘Owen is a few weeks away. He will be back towards the end of January. It should be before the Six Nations.’
Tuilagi was initially thought to be in danger of missing the entire championship, amid fears he would need an operation on his hamstring.
But the Cheshire club’s director of rugby, Alex Sanderson, said: ‘We have talked about him for the Leicester game before the Six Nations (on January 30).
‘That is obviously a big game for him, but we’re hoping to get him back a week or two before that.’
Mark McCall, Saracens’ director of rugby, says Farrell is just a ‘couple of week away’