Creating a successful SEO strategy for a new website can be daunting.
There are so many things to consider, and it can be hard to know where to start. In this article, let’s outline some of the basics that you need to know in order to get your website ranked as high as possible on search engine results pages (SERPs).
What is SEO and why is it important?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of optimizing a website for Google search with the goal of earning higher web traffic levels and improving the visibility of the site.
The benefits of SEO are numerous. A strong SEO strategy can help you to:
- Earn more organic traffic from Google
- Improve the click-through rate (CTR) of your website
- Boost your brand awareness and visibility
- Increase leads and sales for your business
But if you need to take care of other important business, we can help with our professional SEO services.
How does Google rank websites?
Google uses a complex algorithm to rank websites in its search engine results pages (SERPs). The algorithm takes into account over 200 factors, including things like website content, site structure, backlinks, and user experience.
While we don’t know the exact weighting of each factor, we do know that Google puts a lot of emphasis on website content. In fact, in a recent study by Moz, on-page optimization was found to be the second most important ranking factor (after backlinks).
This means that if you want your website to rank well on Google, you need to make sure that your site’s content is high-quality and keyword-rich.
What are the basics of a good SEO strategy?
There are three key components to a successful SEO strategy:
Keyword research: In order to identify the best keywords for your website, you need to do some research. You can use tools like Google AdWords Keyword Planner and Moz Keyword Explorer to find keywords that are relevant to your business and have a good amount of search volume.
On-page optimization: Once you’ve identified the keywords you want to target, you need to make sure that your website is optimized for those terms. This includes things like adding keywords to your title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags.
Link building: In order for your website to rank higher in SERPs, you need to earn high-quality backlinks from other websites.
This can be done through link bait (creating content that is so good that other people want to link to it) or by reaching out to other websites and asking them to link to your site.
How can I track my SEO progress?
There are a number of ways to track your SEO progress. Google Analytics is a free tool that you can use to track the traffic coming to your website from Google. You can also use tools like Moz Pro and Ahrefs to track your website’s ranking in SERPs.
How to measure the success of your SEO strategy
There are a number of ways to measure the success of your SEO strategy. Some of the most important metrics include:
- Organic traffic – This is the number of visitors who come to your website from search engines.
- Search engine rankings – This is where your website ranks in SERPs for certain keywords.
- Leads and sales – This is the number of leads and sales that you generate from your website.
Tips for creating a successful SEO strategy
Here are some tips for creating a successful SEO strategy:
- Research your keywords – You need to know which keywords are relevant to your business and which ones you should be targeting.
- Optimize your website – Make sure your website is optimized for both search engines and users.
- Build links – Link building is an important part of off-page SEO.
- Engage on social media – Social media can be a great way to connect with potential customers and promote your website.
- Measure your results – Keep track of your SEO progress and adjust your strategy as needed.
By following these tips, you can create a successful SEO strategy for your new website.