News, Culture & Society

Juventus ‘want to bring Moise Kean back to Turin’ as they prepare for Cristiano Ronaldo’s exit

Juventus ‘want to bring Moise Kean back to Turin’ with Everton ‘ready to accept loan deal with £21m obligation to buy’… as Italian giants brace themselves for Cristiano Ronaldo’s exit

  • Juventus are reportedly wanting to re-sign Everton striker Moise Kean
  • Reports in Italy suggest Juve want to sign him on loan with an obligation to buy
  • Everton are said to be happy with a paid loan deal and will let the Italian leave
  • The news comes hours after the shock news that Ronaldo wants to leave Juve 

Juventus are reportedly exploring the option of reuniting with Moise Kean as they brace themselves for Cristiano Ronaldo’s shock summer departure.

Sportsmail understand that Manchester City are in talks with Ronaldo’s agent over a late move for the Juventus man, after Pep Guardiola’s side failed in a move for Harry Kane.

Should Ronaldo seal a shock departure away from Turin, it would open the door for Everton striker Kean to move back to Juve, where he came through the academy before completing a £27.5million move to the Toffees in 2019.

Juventus reportedly want to re-sign Everton striker Moise Kean on loan this summer

According to Italian news outlet SportItalia, Everton have given Kean the green light to re-join Juventus this summer, with the two clubs ready agree to a loan fee, which will include an obligation to buy in the deal.

The report goes on to suggest that the obligation to buy fee would be around £21m (€25m), with Massimiliano Allegri said to be a fan of the 21-year-old forward.

While Juventus also have other striking options on their wishlist, which include the likes of Gabriel Jesus and Sassuolo’s Gianluca Scamacca, the writing appears to be on the wall for their main talismanic forward.

Juve want to bring Kean in as they brace themselves for Cristiano Ronaldo's shock departure

Juve want to bring Kean in as they brace themselves for Cristiano Ronaldo’s shock departure 

Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes (centre), held talks with Juventus as the player pushes to leave

Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes (centre), held talks with Juventus as the player pushes to leave

The move for Kean comes after Ronaldo reportedly told Juve that he no longer wanted to pay for the club and that he wanted a return to Manchester.

City are open to taking the 37-year-old on a free transfer if Juve drop their £25m demand and Ronaldo accepts a cut to his £500,000-a-week salary.

And according to Sky Sports Italia, Ronaldo will not be available for the Old Lady this weekend against Empoli after clearing his belongings from the club’s training ground, in a bid to force through a move to City.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner is keen to leave Turin where he has 10 months left on his contract, while Juventus want to move Ronaldo off their wage bill amid financial concerns at the club. 

Portuguese outlets are suggesting he has also spoken with City boss Pep Guardiola (left)

Portuguese outlets are suggesting he has also spoken with City boss Pep Guardiola (left)

The Old Lady announced losses of £275million earlier this summer due to the coronavirus pandemic and their business in the transfer market has been limited due to this shortage of funds. 

Premier League champions City were offered the Manchester United legend by the player’s agent, Jorge Mendes, last week, but the spectacular deal only became a possibility once they abandoned their pursuit of Kane.

City have not committed themselves to a move for Ronaldo, who will be 37 in February, and it is understood there is no agreement yet with either Juventus or the player. 

PSG could yet emerge as an option for Ronaldo — playing alongside Messi and Neymar — if the French club sell Kylian Mbappe, after he was the subject of an improved £155m bid from Real Madrid on Thursday. 

Wantaway superstar Ronaldo had asked Juventus to leave him on the bench against Udinese

Wantaway superstar Ronaldo had asked Juventus to leave him on the bench against Udinese 

Ronaldo has just one more year left on his contract but Juventus want to collect a fee for him

Ronaldo has just one more year left on his contract but Juventus want to collect a fee for him

But Mendes is struggling to find any other European clubs able to afford his client, now the season has started and most squads are in place. 

Ronaldo was signed by Juventus in the summer of 2018 for £100million with the Portuguese forward tasked with helping the Italian giants win the Champions League, after the 36-year-old had won four at Real Madrid.

The five-time Ballon D’Or winner has, however, failed to come close to guiding Europe’s most exclusive club trophy to Turin, with City reaching the final last season only to lose to Chelsea. 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk