News, Culture & Society

Man bites into McDonald’s chicken burger to find it’s still RAW

‘My family could have died’: Man realises his half-eaten McDonald’s chicken burger is RAW after stopping to look at the pink and slimy meat

  • Joseph Kim bit into a McDonald’s chicken burger only to find it was still raw
  • The Gold Coast man took to Facebook to share photos of the offensive sandwich
  • He alleged his daughter had also been served a burger that was ‘worse’ than his 
  • Kim claims he is yet to received a ‘formal apology’ from McDonald’s 

Unsatisfied customer: Joseph Kim, from the Gold Coast, took to Facebook to share his stomach-churning discovery 

A Gold Coast man has been left outraged after biting into a McDonald’s chicken burger only to find it was still raw half way through eating it. 

Joseph Kim took to Facebook on Saturday to share photos of the uncooked burger which he claims could’ve potentially harmed him and his whole family.

Mr Kim said his daughter and wife had delivered his meal to his job after picking up lunch for their family at McDonald’s in Upper Coomera.

At first glance, he noticed his Chicken Crispy Clubhouse burger hadn’t been assembled properly, but didn’t think anything of it.   

Not loving it: Mr Kim said he proceeded to 'dive' right into his meal, getting half way through his burger before making the stomach-churning discovery

Not loving it: Mr Kim said he proceeded to ‘dive’ right into his meal, getting half way through his burger before making the stomach-churning discovery

The dad said he felt something 'soft and tender' in his mouth after a taking a bite of the Chicken Crispy Clubhouse burger

Mr Kim's burger

The dad said he felt something ‘soft and tender’ in his mouth after a taking a bite of the Chicken Crispy Clubhouse burger

Mr Kim proceeded to ‘dive’ right into his meal, getting half way through his burger before making the stomach-churning discovery.    

‘I didn’t taste anything at first but I felt something soft and tender in my mouth. At about half way through the burger, I glanced at the inside of the burger and saw chicken patty and became in absolute shock!’ Mr Kim said.

‘The chicken patty was well and truly undercooked! It looked RAW!!!’

The father said he quickly called his daughter and advised her to inspect the rest of his family’s food.   

‘She sent a photo for Chicken Crispy Classic and it looked WORSE than MINE’, he said. 

‘Fortunately my wife hadn’t had one bite when I already ate almost half. I got so upset because not only I couldn’t eat a proper burger and/or waste money but this could have caused critical condition or at worst, death to my whole family’. 

Mr Kim said the situation was enough to make him stop working and he went over to the fast food restaurant to report the incident to a manager.  

The father expressed his outraged explaining the uncooked burgers could've harmed him and his family

The father expressed his outraged explaining the uncooked burgers could’ve harmed him and his family

Mr Kim said his daughter and wife had delivered his meal to his job after picking up lunch for their family at McDonald's in Upper Coomera

Mr Kim said his daughter and wife had delivered his meal to his job after picking up lunch for their family at McDonald’s in Upper Coomera

‘The manager moved away realising the seriousness of the situation and the assistant business manager took over’, he said. 

‘The lady started to slide the raw, undercooked burger towards her to take it away, to which I told her to stop.

‘The next response I received was more horrific. I was told that I had to wait for her to process this online whilst getting a couple of sorries’. 

Mr Kim claimed he had yet to received any ‘formal apology’ from the fast food chain, and warned customers to check their food before eating.   

The public Facebook post received more than 150 reactions and nearly 200 shares. 

‘Bloody lucky you didn’t get salmonella’, one user commented. 

In a statement to the Gold Coast Bulletin, a McDonald’s spokesperson said they were ‘disappointed’ over the incident, while adding: ‘We take food safety very seriously and have strict processes and systems in place.’

‘An investigation is currently underway with the restaurant, and we encourage the customer to contact us to help us to investigate fully’.  

Daily Mail Australia has contacted McDonald’s for comment. 

 

 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.