Equipment such as motors requires a safe power supply, which influences the availability of plants and machines in a manufacturing unit. At the same time, the use of sizeable wire cross-sections and limited spaces in the panel is also responsible for an increased demand for distribution blocks.
So what is a power distribution block, and how does it help remedy the problem?
The logical and fail-safe distribution of electrical power in a demanding environment needs to interface solutions that are designed optimally for particular applications.
Therefore, a distribution block can be defined as a convenient and cost-effective way of distributing an electrical circuit to multiple devices in a branch circuit from a single input source. As a solution, it is able to reduce the number of wires that go into your electrical panel, thereby saving you money as well as time.
When you use a power distribution block, you can eliminate the need to individually wire each device in the control circuit by using one large wire on the input and several small wires on the output side to the primary power source. As a consequence, what you are able to get is a clean and professional-looking electrical panel that is easy to manage.
Simply put, a power distribution block is a device that allows you to divide one large circuit into numerous smaller branch circuits. These devices are designed in such a way that they can offer 1 or 2 main connections and up to 12 branch connections.
Let us now discuss some of its salient features.
Features Of Power Distribution BocksThese power distribution blocks can be used to distribute or splice wires within a control panel. Some of its features are listed below:
- Available in 1, 2, and 3 pole versions
- Single or dual primary feeder connection
- Miniature block versions
- Aluminum or copper lugs to be used with respective blocks only
- Short Circuit Current Ratings (SCCR) up to 100kA
- 600 Volt rating
- IP20 finger-safe
- Compact size for all ratings
- Quick mounting and wiring
- Panel of DIN rail mounting
- Protective covers are available
- UL component recognized, CSA, CE marked, RoHS
Benefits Of Power Distribution Bocks
Here are some practical benefits of using power distribution blocks:
- Availability of numerous configurations: A wide range of possible combinations for each requirement are possible along with numerous configurations for power distribution.
- Distribution of power to multiple loads: The device has been designed to handle heavy-duty power distribution. It is also optimized for simple handling, fast installation, and easy maintenance, even under challenging conditions.
- Space-saving: The main benefit of power distribution blocks is to save space on the panel. Therefore, it has been designed in such a format that it is able to carry out a variety of functions in a single design.
Applications Of Power Distribution Blocks
Commonly, these are the most frequent applications of power distribution blocks:
- Building Automation
- Manufacturing / Assembly
- Food and Beverage
- Process Equipment
Built To Be Reliable And Easy To Use
- UL 1059 compliant and are available in a wide variety of amperages and poles.
- IP20 finger-safe design delivers exceptional protection against accidentally touching live parts minus the additional cost of buying covers
- Can be effortlessly mounted on a standard DIN 35mm rail, or it can be directly mounted to the wall of your enclosure
- Quicker to wire than traditional busbar systems and offers a tidier and more specialized installation
If you are looking to invest in power distribution blocks for your facility, then be sure to consult with a reputed professional to help you with the right guidance. They will not only help you choose the right distribution block but also assist in its installation. So, be sure to seek professional help before making an investment.