The perfect Friday night treat: Jules Sebastian shares her VERY simple recipe for ‘chips on a stick’ – and it’s a huge hit with her family
- Fashion stylist and TV presenter Jules Sebastian shared a family favourite recipe
- Jules said she loves to make ‘chips on a stick’ on a Friday night for her children
- To make the dish, you need a few household ingredients and just 35 minutes
- Thousands were impressed with the dish and said they couldn’t wait to make
Fashion stylist and TV presenter Jules Sebastian has shared her simple recipe for ‘chips on a stick’, and she said it’s a huge hit with her family.
The quick and easy snack is also sometimes called ‘accordion potatoes’, because they are shaped like an accordion.
The 40-year-old mum-of-two loves to whip up the ‘chips on a stick’ on a Friday night, as a treat for her kids after a long week.
Fashion stylist and TV presenter Jules Sebastian has shared a simple recipe for ‘chips on a stick’ she stumbled across on TikTok, and she said it’s a huge hit with her family (pictured)
The quick and easy snack is also sometimes called ‘accordion potatoes’, because they are shaped like an accordion (pictured being made)
‘Today I’m going to make something that is trending on TikTok, called accordion potatoes or chips on a stick,’ Jules posted on Instagram.
To make the dish, you’ll need very few ingredients, including potatoes, some wooden skewers, olive oil, garlic salt and a bowl of salt water – and just 35 minutes to spare.
‘This dish is a game changer, it’s so good,’ Jules said.
How to make accordion potatoes or chips on a stick
Jules (pictured) shared the simple recipe on her Instagram page
Potatoes (Marris Piper or Russet)
Salt in water
1. Peel and cut your potatoes into rectangular cubes.
2. Make cuts along the potato horizontally that go halfway down, before flipping the potato and doing the same thing diagonally. You should end up with something that looks like an accordion that is able to be stretched and bent.
3. Rinse the potatoes in salty water to make them extra crispy in the oven.
3. Skewer the potatoes on either end with a wooden skewer, then place them in a baking tray and brush with olive oil and garlic salt.
4. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius and place the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Enjoy with extra salt and pepper and your choice of topping.
Source: Jules Sebastian
To make the potatoes really crispy before roasting, Jules (pictured) said you should dunk them in a bowl of cool salt water
First, Jules suggests you peel your potatoes and cut them into even and neat rectangular cubes.
Then, make cuts that go halfway down horizontally along one side of the potato, before flipping them and making cuts diagonally.
‘To make the potatoes really crispy, I rinse them in a bowl of salt water,’ Jules said.
‘This gets the starch off them and makes them go really crispy in the oven.’
Finally, she adds a wooden skewer to either end of the potatoes and brushes them with olive oil and garlic salt.
‘I feel like these are a fun snack for kids and grownups alike, they are so delicious,’ Jules said (pictured with the finished result)
Once the potatoes are in a baking tray, Jules said she cooks them in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
They can then be enjoyed hot or cold, with extra salt and your choice of toppings.
‘I feel like these are a fun snack for kids and grownups alike, they are so delicious,’ Jules said.
Thousands who saw the simple recipe were impressed and said they’d love to try making the potatoes for themselves.
‘This is always a good idea,’ one commenter posted.
‘Next dinner sorted, another added.