Woman, 23, found bloodied and bruised on a road may have been the victim of a robbery as her car is found abandoned with the engine running
- A 23-year-old woman was bashed on the side of the road in Rydalmere, Sydney
- She was found lying in the street by another driver about 2.30am on Tuesday
- Her car sat just metres away with its headlights on and engine running
- Police are searching for her attacker as young woman undergoes surgery
- Do you know more? Email email@example.com
A young woman who was bashed on a Sydney road early on Tuesday morning may have been the victim of a robbery, police say.
The 23-year-old woman was found by another driver on Euston Street in Rydalmere, in Sydney’s west, about 2.30am with facial injuries and bruising.
A Volkswagen Golf GTI, believed to be the victim’s, was found just metres away with the headlights on and engine running.
A 23-year-old woman was found bloodied and bruised on the side of the road in Rydalmere about 2.30am on Tuesday (blood spatter on the pavement pictured)
Police told The Daily Telegraph they believe the woman ‘was a victim of robbery or an attempted robbery, and the car nearby was hers’.
Detectives are hoping a nearby CCTV camera will be able to help them identify the attacker, who is currently on the run.
The woman was taken to St George Hospital in a stable condition, where she underwent surgery for her facial injuries later on Tuesday morning.
Anyone with information is urged to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.
Just metres from the woman, a car police believe belongs to her was found with its headlights on and engine running (left)